Monday, April 16, 2007

Sun Run Success

Yesterday, I completed the Vancouver Sun Run. I walked 10k in 98 minutes. As I crossed the finish line with Bernie holding my hand there was such a sense of accomplishment that came over me and I was in awe of my determination.

Back in January as I started training for this day, my goal was to have 100 pounds off my back by Sun Run Sunday and I did it!! Plus 10.8!!

The other day, I thanked my co-worker that talked me into signing up for our corporate walking team. Because when I first heard about it I was like righto!! Me walk 10k!! I don't think so!! She saw something in me that I was not aware of. And let me tell you I loved working towards a goal and having something that I could be totally proud of.

To keep up with the training, I'm going to start next week training to walk a marathon. I'm focusing in on the Okanagan Marathon in October and going to register for the 21.1k but train for the full marathon. Just think the sense of accomplishment I will have after walking 2 Sun Runs!!

2 comments:

jellyarmsrme said...

YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR BETH!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WTG ON THAT SUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!! and even more important...WTG on that positive attitude my friend!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :D

Unknown said...

Beth

You truely are an inspiration. I have 105 more pounds to my goal and seeing all you have accomplished lets me know that I can do it too! Being a chef and losing must be very very difficult with all the great foods around in the kitchen all the time. Do you try to make your recipes as healthy as possible when in the restaurants?

Congrats on the Sun Run. What an accomplishment! Keep it up, you'll be at your goal in no time!